Thursday, March 13, 2008

You Can Blog if You Want To

cha·os –noun
1. a state of utter confusion or disorder; a total lack of organization or order.
2. any confused, disorderly mass: a chaos of meaningless phrases.

Emboldened by the Kriloff Klan blog (http://thekriloffklan.blogspot.com/), I felt coerced by envy to come to terms with my own blogging future. Sure, I may have wanted to blog for my own reasons, but when the heartbeat of America beats you to new technology, it is a wake-up call. Well, I heard the alarm ring loud and clear. Though tempted to hit snooze for a few more months, the competing nature of my technological soul propelled me out of my digital hibernation. It may sound superficial, envious, covetous, but my need to blog runs deeper. I describe it as a yearning, a carnal outcry from a wounded animal to not only run once more with the pack, but to lead the pack into battle.

I think Men Without Hats said it best:

"Ah we can blog if we want to, we can leave your friends behind. Cause your friends don’t blog and if they don’t blog Well they’re are no friends of mine. I say, we can blog where we want to, a place that they will find. And we can act like we blog from out of this world Leave the real one far behind. And we can blog…"

If my animal instincts hadn’t already validated my most intimate need to blog, certainly I could entitle myself to a blogging future thanks to Men Without Hats. They were truly a band with foresight.


You Can Blog if You Want To.

5 comments:

The Kriloff Klan said...

I didn't know that we were so powerful & influencial!!!! You certainly one upped us with the creative writing.....you always will! I love that we will be able to keep in touch so much more! Well off to Golden Spoon!!!

The Kriloff Klan said...

As you are obviously new to this, the way blogs work is that you have to update them yourself. Mental power itself doesn't make a post happen. Just a friendly tutorial. We would love to read more of your polished wirting skills!

Jesse Edwards said...

Love the new blog! Now we can be blogging buddies too!

DCON said...

In time, the taste of my sweet blogging will be like tasting this treat for the first time again. I only delay the release of my next blog thinking of my friends.

Anonymous said...

I’m still thinking about my next post.